Hi Dad,

I hope you're feeling fine this Father's Day. The girls gave me a nice t-shirt, so I thought maybe you might enjoy a homemade present, too. Down below are some songs I remember you listening to over the years along with a few I came across that you might also like. They should play automatically, but you can skip around if you'd like. The photos to the right were taken in Italy, Russia and Chicago over the last month.

We were in Marina di Pisa the few last weeks at my colleague's house. It was good fun, but no one knows how to botch logistics like Lyena and me. I dented the rental car - twice mind you! For her part, Lyena took ownership of the schedule our last day and got us to the airport 3 hours before the flight. Problem is she was looking at the 2nd flight to Moscow, not the 1st one to Rome. That's enough rest for me, thank you very much!

Reading anything lately? I've been trying to read some Jung (a bit heavy for me), finished a pretty good book by Ron Paul that has me rethinking the causes of the current crisis, jumped around a humorous book by Denis Leary called "Why We Suck" (a bit obscene sometimes), and am now reading a book I think you'd like called "How God Changes Your Brain". The author is is open minded and does not appear to have any hidden agenda so far. I'll try to remember to bring it the next time we come to California.

I hope you've taken up playing piano again. It'd be a shame if you didn't. I've still got the green hymnal you gave me and have been playing a little "Leaning on the Everlasting Arms".

Will be thinking of you a lot today.

Love you much,
Matt